The Department of Psychology offers research opportunities and field experiences for students in the form of PSYC 484/485/491
- PSYC 484 – Field Experiences. Credit 3. Participation in an approved mental health, mental retardation, school, industrial or experimental setting; field experiences supervised by an appropriate professor within an area of student interest; course requirements vary with the setting, the supervising professor and the needs of the individual student. Prerequisites: Approval of instructor.
- PSYC 485 – Directed Studies. Credit 0 to 3. Directed readings or research problems in selected areas designed to supplement existing course offerings. Individual report required. Prerequisites: Approval of instructor.
- PSYC 491 – Research. Credit 0 to 3. Research conducted under the supervision of a chosen faculty member in the department of psychology; involves discussion and weekly presentation of student research projects. Prerequisites: PSYC 484 or PSYC 485; Approval of instructor.
- PSYCHOLOGY 484 CONTRACT
- PSYCHOLOGY 485 CONTRACT
- PSYCHOLOGY 491 CONTRACT
- PSYCHOLOGY 484 HONORS CONTRACT
- PSYCHOLOGY 485 HONORS CONTRACT
- PSYCHOLOGY 491 HONORS CONTRACT
Summer/Fall 2017 opportunities will be posted outside of the advising office (Milner Hall Room 205) as they are received. Updated information will be posted on this page, as well. Remember, once contact is made with the faculty member to discuss the research, it is THE STUDENT’S responsibility to take the CORRECT 484/485/491 contract to the meeting (regular or honors). Contracts are not provided in the advising office. Once the contract is completed and signed by the faculty member, bring it to the Advising office during walk-in hours during the dates listed below. The following are the ONLY dates contracts can be added to your schedule.
Summer I and 10-week 2017 – April 24 – June 2 (late registration begins May 26th at 5:01pm)
Summer II 2017 – April 24 – July 10 (late registration begins July 3rd at 5:01pm)
Fall 2017 – April 24 – September 1 (late registration begins August 25th at 5:01pm)
DO NOT BRING IN DURING PRE-REGISTRATION DATES!
SUMMER 2017 Research Opportunities
- PSYC 485 and PSYC 491 Research Opportunities (.pdf)
- PSYC 484 and PSYC 491 (Dr. Heffer) Opportunities (.pdf)